Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Who knows what will happen. The world will end.
Reminds me of something Benny Hill once said.

"There was a man that predicted that the world would end in 1965, and for him, it did."

:D

I'm like many Americans at this point when it comes to rising prices. I'm totally desensitized and apathetic.

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
I'll sell my vehicles and drive a farm tractor. Most old tractors can run on fuel as low as 65 octane, including kerosene, lamp oil, what have you.....

·
Registered
464 Posts
Europeans were paying $2.50 a gallon in 1960 and produced vehicles for the masses accordingly. Most of us could get away driving a 2 cylinder air cooled 4-seater, a la the Citroen Deux Cheveaux, or Renault Dauphine but would we? Not me, as a primary car, maybe as a secondary but unlikely.

More for gas means less for everything else. Oh well...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Too bad that gas prices are going up after I bought MDX :(
I am cutting my driving as much as possible to save gas, not going out for lunch (not only saves gas, but money & health too :) ), combining trips, walk/bike for shorter trips.

·
Registered
125 Posts
...I am cutting my driving as much as possible to save gas, not going out for lunch (not only saves gas, but money & health too :) ), combining trips, walk/bike for shorter trips.
That's exactly what I am doing right now. Stop going out for lunch everyday, combining trips, and use Netflix instead of going to the theater or Redbox.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Too bad that gas prices are going up after I bought MDX :(
I am cutting my driving as much as possible to save gas, not going out for lunch (not only saves gas, but money & health too :) ), combining trips, walk/bike for shorter trips.
Yeah, but it is hard to peddle in a knee deep snow with -30 wind factor:mad::headshake
I think I am going to tap in the pipe line bypassing the gas station:D I've got one running behind my fence, just need to dig quietly:29: I am sure I will get a lot of help from neighbours..:29:.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
To no one in particular.

It makes sense to not purposely waste gas. However, if the price of gas is forcing you to change your lifestyle, a more economical car might make sense.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts