Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where does the oil pressure ventilation located, both on the front and rear valve cover and how do I check if they are properly working? I read somewhere on here to check for oil pressure ventilation if you have oil leak or seep. I remember I removed both valve covers and and after I put them back I had a leak from the rear cover so I removed it again and applied liquid gasket all around the matting surface (front and rear) and no more leak from the cover but this time it is leaking from the oil pump. It possible I was block the oil pressure ventilation by applying liquid gasket? But I was careful not to apply a lot of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
306 Posts
im not super familiar with your revised rocker style head but i can say almost definitely those dont have anything to do with your problem. there is a section in your shop manual regarding PCV flow just find it and read it. you really arent using that manual the way you ought to be.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.