Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 09 base never loss oil before. It was half a quart down, 2000 miles after oil change at 80% on the maintenance minder. The TB and water pump changed spark plugs and coils changed all fluids changed.this was done 3000 miles ago the Mdx has 94,345 miles on it and runs fine. The only change is the past month I been driving it hard Not the usual babying it. My question is do I need to change the pvc valve.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 09 base never loss oil before. It was half a quart down, 2000 miles after oil change at 80% on the maintenance minder. The TB and water pump changed spark plugs and coils changed all fluids changed.this was done 3000 miles ago the Mdx has 94,345 miles on it and runs fine. The only change is the past month I been driving it hard Not the usual babying it. My question is do I need to change the pvc valve.
No, there was a bad rings recall, the hard part is getting the dealer to do it.
Just went through hell getting mine fixed through the dealer. My 2010 was burning almost 2 quarts for every thousand miles. Warranty solutions, an after market insurance company gave me the run-around and finally because of the recall letter the dealer took care of it, but even they tried to play some games. I made a video about it if you are interested. Go to youtube and type, "Acura MDX Oil Consumption & Warranty Solutions Nightmare! (bad language)"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts