Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I started my MDX 2007 during the freeze I felt something was wrong how car started. I checked underneath and saw oil leaking. I stopped the engine but saw all the oil on the driveway. It was empty when I checked with dipstick. So next morning I examined and saw lot of oil around the filter area. So i cleaned up everything and replaced the filter and put 4 quarts of oil. I waited for 15 mins to see if any oil is leaking. Now I start the vehicle then oil starts to leak dripping somewhere higher than oil filter. I am not sure where the oil is leaking from. I would like to further troubleshoot before taking the vehicle to the shop. Any feedback is appreciated.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Can you tell is the leak is between the transmission and the engine?

·
Registered
380 Posts
yes, that is the oil pan area. Above and behind the oil filter there is the oil pressure switch, valve timing oil sensor and solenoid. Everyone of those have an o-ring seal that could leak. Then, in front and right of the oil filter you have the main crankshaft seal. it could leak between 100K and 200K miles if it was not replaced at 100K. The oil pan itself can leak and valve cover seals if they were not replaced at 100K

·
Registered
17 Posts
Probably the Oil filter housing gasket is bad. I have seen the oil is gushing out when the Gasket is bad. Very easy to replace. Remove the oil filter housing as shown here with the arrow.

Here is a video on how to replace it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts