Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't think that is the source of the leak. Hard to tell though. Could be dripping all the way down from the head cover gasket and blowing of the engine there as you drive down the road. Try to follow the drip up the other side of the engine and see where the wet spot stops.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Is there a Pic I am not seeing? Cuz I see anything but a picture here and the text is useless.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I can see the picture now, That is the ATF Drain Bolt..
By the looks its obviously Engine Oil not ATF so check for leaks in the Rear Seal of the engine.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I wonder if it isn't a simple spill from a previous oil change? sometimes I do not use a funnel since the MDX is so easy to reach but I have spill oil before from there.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i dont have any spill on my driveway because there's a plastic panel underneath.. i wiped it with paper towel last night..after i drove the oil marks came back..

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Say what???

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is it possible anybody from Acura (engineers/technicians) not the Acura Dealer Technicians to check and confirm the diagnostics of the dealer technician if I really need a new remanufactured transmission?

·
Registered
354 Posts
teta,

My 2008 MDX suffered from engine seal failure while was still under warranty (around 48K miles). The seal was replaced by local dealer. About a year later the seal failed again. Still covered under warranty (less than 70K miles), the dealer kept the vehicle for longer time and replaced not only the engine seal but the torque converter seal as well. My car is now 120K miles and I have not had the problem anymore.

If I remember well, at that time, I found several MDX owners complaining about the same problem in different forums. Some where unlucky to have the failure after warranty. If the engine seal is failing, the leak will start increasing.

My 2 cents.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the MdX all service was done by Acura dealer..I lost trust on Acura/Honda Brand.. my relative 2007 Honda Odyssey transmission was replaced also less than 80k miles by the dealer for $6k..after 5000k miles after tranny replaced..the engine was leaking.. Mechanic asvised.. get rid of the Honda Oddyssey.. it will give you more problems in the future..Traded the Oddyssey for a new car..Obviously not Honda/Acura..

·
Registered
354 Posts
the MdX all service was done by Acura dealer..I lost trust on Acura/Honda Brand.. my relative 2007 Honda Odyssey transmission was replaced also less than 80k miles by the dealer for $6k..after 5000k miles after tranny replaced..the engine was leaking.. Mechanic asvised.. get rid of the Honda Oddyssey.. it will give you more problems in the future..Traded the Oddyssey for a new car..Obviously not Honda/Acura..
Your cases of transmission failures are very odd.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
That doesn´t make any sense?? why Honda will ask for a new transmission just to change the rear seal?
Does your transmission works fine? not hesitation or anything?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts