Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope this is something simple, but I just noticed a pretty substantial oil spot on the garage floor:eek:

Found a TSB that they seal the leak as a fix, but that sounds so mickey mouse.

Better to find this now than later though.

Only 655 miles, kinda disappointed:3:

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Probably is something simple.

From what part of the X is the "oil" coming from?

When mine was new with only 400 miles my wife called one day just after I got to work to inform me that some kind of liquid was on the floor of the garage where the X was parked. She thought it could be oil, brake fluid or transmission fluid. I rushed right home to check it out and it turned out to be water that drained from the center A/C condenser unit, a normal occurrence.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Beagle, you may be right. Got back from the dealership and they said that no leaks were found. ;)

I'm sure I cleaned the area out prior to bringing the X home but who know, I am getting forgetful. So either its the other car or hopefully its just something else. I put some clean boards over the suspected area and will see if anything shows up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
oil leaks

I have had a oil spot also, and three tries by dealer to fix, and no luck. It has something to do with a "porous block".

Is this a major defect in these motors?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fortunately for me, it was not a leak at all. I did however bring the X to the dealer and have a thorough check and no leak found.

In my case, even though I had cleaned out the garage before bringing home the X, over the winter, road sand accumulated in the garage floor and this got wet from either rain or condensation from the evaporator. This gave me the impression that there was a leak, have kept a close eye and no leak.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts