Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
rear main seal is sandwiched between the transmission and engine, not even close to the pictures you're showing

i say get some cheap brake cleaner or engine degreaser and wipe it down again

remove the beauty plastic covers on top & possibly check the valve cover gasket area for leaks... im about to also change out the PCV valve that's located by the oil dipstick, which i found cheaper on ebay vs the local advance auto parts store.
Tire Wheel Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting

the front seal looks to be ok since your oil filter area isn't wet

·
Registered
496 Posts
now you got a clean slate so you can see where it's leaking by the time you pop the hood and do the oil change later this week.

how was the engine oil level?

how is your power steering and transmission fluid levels as well?

·
Registered
496 Posts
It could also be engine oil leaking from the crankshaft seal.
the OPs pic doesn't show the oil spray towards everything on the side...like the spray should be all over the oil filter mount. so i dont think it's the front seal.

UV not needed, but keep checking the fluid levels of oil/ ps/ transmission as well as the return of any of the pics above again... the tubes/coolers are in the front of the AC condensor and you can check the lines & the corresponding hoses/clamps.
Automotive tire Gas Bumper Automotive exterior Motor vehicle

hey, is that a crack on your power steering hose? Automotive tire Gas Bumper Automotive exterior Motor vehicle

1 - 3 of 3 Posts