Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a complete rebuild that I did myself, it runs great. Did the trans, too, so far so good. Question, I noted I have a small leak dripping from down near the balancer. It has a new seal and o ring, so I doubt that's it. I thought everything was sealed properly, but obviously not. Anyone know which oil pump bolts need sealant on their threads? That's all I can think of.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK so after reading and reading, I figured the only real way to find out is to dig in. Pulled all the timing covers, loosened tensioner on timing belt, removed balancer, timing belt gear. I even ran it with belt covers off to find offending seal. Discovered that during assembly, a small section of the crank seal had rolled out. Used a small screwdriver to poke it back in without ripping it and I appear to be leak free.... Sheesh

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Bratcop, you are becoming my hero! ;-) Good job with the rebuild(s). Tranny rebuilds scare me more than engine rebuilds, though there are a host of possibilities of messing something up (as you found out with your crank seal).

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Here it is, purring like new. Now to get the front end sorted out. Happy to report, not a drop of oil after fixing that seal.... Odometer reads 236k miles, but is now 0

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Btw thanks for the compliment, habbyguy. I repost just to be sure others see a solution to my problem as that is the most helpful part of this board.

Bratcop

1 - 6 of 6 Posts