Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a difference between the Standard oil filter for current Honda cars and the Oil filter for the MDX?

I know that the current Honda cars all use the same oil filter except for the Insight.

I want to buy a case of oil filters and don't want to have to order two different cases if they are the same thing...

·
Registered
183 Posts
Oil Filter Info

The oil filter for the MDX is the same one that fits my 1993 Accord BUT is not the same as for my 1998 3.2 TL.

Check with Tim at Hondacuraworld.com for compatibility and prices on a "six-pack" with washers.

·
Registered
221 Posts
The MDX oil filter is the same as my 2000 3.2TL. I buy plenty for both. And don't forget the washer.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Non-Acura Oil Filter Recommendations?

Does anyone have any recommendations/preferences for non-Acura oil filters? Which oil filter brands are better? What are the brands that should be avoided?

I have been using FRAM oil filters on all my cars for the past 20+ years without any problems whatsoever, but I recently read on some websites that these are not as good as some of the other brands. I did not, however, see any scientific proof that this is the case, only people's opinions. So for now, I continue to use FRAM.

Any comments?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Oil Filter Recommendation

Stick with Genuine Honda.

Tim at Hondacuraworld.com will set you up with a "six-pack" of fileters and drain washers for what non-Honda filters would cost you...

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Cost is not the issue here

How do I know that "Honda" branded oil filters are better than another brand? They may, in fact, be made by another company for "Honda".

The question is: are there oil filter brands that may be better than genuine "Honda" filters?

·
Registered
282 Posts
I used the K&N oil filter......

this is a really good filter, just check out the design once you buy one. Quite exceptional for an oil filter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts