Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2008 MDX 278,000 Km
The area in the left front wheel well is missing a protective guard that protects the engine cavity. It does not cover the whole cavity but the oil filter area for sure.
I viewed another parked MDX. Does anyone know what the part number is for the guard ? I can not find a parts catalog or manual that lists it.
A previous owner probabley removed it for quicker oil changes, but this area should be covered to protect the area from road debris and crud.
I shoudl have checked that other MDX for the driver side too!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I have a 2008 MDX 278,000 KmThe area in the left front wheel well is missing a protective guard that protects the engine cavity. It does not cover the whole cavity but the oil filter area for sure.
The oil filter on the 2008 MDX is on the right side of the car.

I viewed another parked MDX. Does anyone know what the part number is for the guard?
I think it's discontinued. Might be able to get one from a salvage yard, though.

A previous owner probabley removed it for quicker oil changes
Not sure how it would be easier to change oil with this cover removed, as it has no affect on reaching for the oil filter (which you can do from the outside of the right fender if you turn your wheels all the way to the right).

·
Registered
752 Posts
You have to sit behind the steering wheel, as though you were driving, in order to determine which side of the car is left vs right.
The driver's side is the left side.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! I Stand corrected ... the right side then. I don’t have to turn the wheels to access the filter now. I would rather have that guard.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I don’t have to turn the wheels to access the filter now.
Are you accessing the filter from the side of the vehicle or from underneath? The easiest way to access the filter is by turning the wheels to the right and grabbing it through the wheel opening. There is no guard (and never was) on my '12 or '18 near or around the oil filter.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
The easiest way to access the filter is by turning the wheels to the right and grabbing it through the wheel opening. There is no guard (and never was) on my '12 or '18 near or around the oil filter.
Yep, that's what I said already. Apparently, that wasn't persuasive enough to $Rallod.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Yep, that's what I said already. Apparently, that wasn't persuasive enough to $Rallod.
Was there a guard on earlier models? Apparently it would have been before 2008 if that's the case. Or maybe it was just a Canada thing since you all get some different features all around.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Was there a guard on earlier models?
Could be the first gen thing, I'm not sure!

Or maybe it was just a Canada thing since you all get some different features all around.
Apart from the headlight washers on all Canadian models and second row heated seats on all Canadian models for the second gen MDX, there's nothing else I'm aware of. Also, my vehicle is the US vehicle. Ironically :) So no headlight washers for me. Though I have second row heated seats because of the entertainment package on my Tech.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Next time I see that 2nd Gen,... I’ll take a photo .. I liked the modification they did. Thanks for the response gents!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here are two each images of that 2nd Gen RH splash guard.and my wheel well without one 8BE83639-5433-45FA-95F9-5639515CA0F1.jpeg DF879B0B-ED75-4C7A-A91A-DBEF063E8D0F.jpeg 3D75BEE5-4DD4-4DCC-A7D5-F517AF57B223.jpeg 2E73C936-2B97-4E0F-926D-0599F689A235.jpeg

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Here are two each images of that 2nd Gen RH splash guard.and my wheel well without one
That's a DIY piece put in there. There are no fastener holes in the wheel well to hold on to where the clips are shown on this piece. They had to screw the clips in. The "protective" piece itself does not even look like it's plastic (see the tear in place of where the left clip have previously been). Perhaps, cardboard or something along those lines. Definitely not factory.

Honestly, I see no reason for anything to be there. Every time I change oil, my filter and surrounding componentry looks untouched even by dirt.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I appreciate your responses ...you are enthusiastic to your cars... we all are on this site ... and there will always be something to fix and kick ideas to
Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts