Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the mail yesterday..
Got my letter from Acura for the extended warranty for oil consumption.

Starts Nov15 for 6 months- unlimited miles

after 6 month ... 200k miles or 8 years after in-service date of MDX..

Mine doesnt burn a drop.... yet....

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, it appears for Canadian residents..

correction... 200,000 KM not miles.. my mistake.
J.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
The extended warranty for the ADS struts/shocks started for Canada first before being extended to the USA. I can't remember how soon after for the USA for the ADS system; but, I think it was around 3-8 months?

What does it say what are the conditions that must be met or what will be done to correct the issue for the oil consumption?

·
Registered
187 Posts
So they are going to fix the pistons, rings and spark plugs for this oil consumption as I was told for my 2010 mdx. I received a 2019 tlx a spec loaner and they told me it will take around 3-4 days minimum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
So they are going to fix the pistons, rings and spark plugs for this oil consumption as I was told for my 2010 mdx. I received a 2019 tlx a spec loaner and they told me it will take around 3-4 days minimum.

Please make sure to report back after the fixes. I hope they don’t create a can of worms.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Caution:
In order to get the extended warranty I will have to do the oil consumption test and the first step is oil change ( You will have to pay for it). After the oil change I check the oil level. It is ABOVE the max mark.

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
Caution:

In order to get the extended warranty I will have to do the oil consumption test and the first step is oil change ( You will have to pay for it). After the oil change I check the oil level. It is ABOVE the max mark.

Make sure your on a flat surface engine turned off for 10 minutes before checking. Recheck, if it’s still above max go back to dealership and let them know. It should be between the lines not above or below.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Got one too, how much oil are you burning during an oil cycle?

I believe it has to consume more than 1 liter per 1000km. Mine was averaging 1.1, 0.7, 1.0, 0.9 etc.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Caution:

Dealer ALWAYS filled 5 quarts!! And that is the reason.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Not sure why they put 5 quarts when the manual states fill is 4.5 qts when changing oil filter and there is a footnote stating that some oil remains in engine (presumably 1/2 a quart). Every time they add 5 quarts the dipstick is over max on mine. I let them know this when I did the oil consumption test.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Not sure why they put 5 quarts when the manual states fill is 4.5 qts when changing oil filter and there is a footnote stating that some oil remains in engine (presumably 1/2 a quart). Every time they add 5 quarts the dipstick is over max on mine. I let them know this when I did the oil consumption test.

They grabbed 5-quart bottles and used them all. Why bother leaving 1/2 quart left over?

·
Registered
61 Posts
They grabbed 5-quart bottles and used them all. Why bother leaving 1/2 quart left over?

Because the engine is technically overfilled and they're using more oil than they need to with the volume of changes they're doing? Not that I care about their bottom line but you'd think they'd know the capacity.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The extended warranty for the ADS struts/shocks started for Canada first before being extended to the USA. I can't remember how soon after for the USA for the ADS system; but, I think it was around 3-8 months?

What does it say what are the conditions that must be met or what will be done to correct the issue for the oil consumption?

Sorry for the delay..
Here is a pic... hope it will be legible..
J.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 43 Posts