Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

301 - 312 of 312 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Did you guys notice that the new model has no serpentine belt to drive alternator or cam? Is the new one also timing chain?

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Day 26 that my car has been at the dealer for the actual warranty work. I broke down and called them today to get a status update. They haven't even started working on it :eek:

Guy said there is a national backorder on the parts. Apparently there are over 11,000 vehicles waiting for parts and Acura has been sending them to dealers one by one as they are produced. He said there are 6 cars that are waiting for the repair at his shop (and many more that he's told to not bring in yet). My car is third in the queue and the two in front of my are in the process of being repaired, so mine is next. But, he has no idea when the parts will arrive. So, it's anyone's guess as to how long this will take!

Again, it's fine by me. 1,600 miles and counting on the loaner they gave us 😂

·
Registered
2 Posts
13 days and counting that my car has been at the dealer for the actual warranty work. I guess maybe the parts are on backorder. Fine by me. Keep it as long as you want. I'll drive this nice poop-brown 2019 MDX loaner in the meantime and keep the miles off of my car! 😂

View attachment 113475
just curious...I completed my 2nd oil consumption test about a month ago and I was told that my car fell within the guideline to have the recall problem fixed. They said to wait for a call from the dealership. It has now been about a month now and still have not been contacted by the dealer telling me when to come in. Is this what happened to you? I called the manager and he said parts are on backorder so it may take a while. I WANT MY LOANER VEHICLE.

·
Registered
22 Posts
just curious...I completed my 2nd oil consumption test about a month ago and I was told that my car fell within the guideline to have the recall problem fixed. They said to wait for a call from the dealership. It has now been about a month now and still have not been contacted by the dealer telling me when to come in. Is this what happened to you? I called the manager and he said parts are on backorder so it may take a while. I WANT MY LOANER VEHICLE.
No, for me they scheduled an appointment. It was almost 3 months in the future, though (because they said they had a huge backlog of vehicles to get through). When I brought my car in, they told me the parts were on backorder. But, they said that they were due to come in about two days. Well, that two days turned into about 28 days!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Picked up my car today. Feels just like it did when I brought it in. So, I guess that's a good thing. It smelled a little like coolant on the outside after I parked it. Also noticed the level was a little low. Hoping that it was just some residual spillage that was burning off and that maybe they didn't bleed the system all the way. I'm gonna add a little distilled water and keep an eye on it. It wasn't burning or losing coolant before.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Has anyone's dealership offered the old parts back after the repair? I believe some states require this. I have a bad feeling about unscrupulous dealerships not actually doing any parts replacement, especially with the parts on backorder.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yep.. I've finally been approved.. Been told the backorder goes out to December. I'll be waiting without a loaner as well. I'll even have to put some oil in by then :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Here's some info regarding my own experience so far...

I had gone to my local dealership for 3 requested consumption tests but then went on a road trip that put me past the 1000mi check so they made me start over (2 consumption tests disregarded).
I then started the tests over and brought in my MDX 3 times. At that time it was qualified for the work since it burned 3qts in 3000 miles. When I brought it in the dealer tells me I need to bring it in 5 times not 3! So I did.
On the 5th check (which was really 7 checks total) I was told it was only down 1/2qt. That now put me outside the qualification so they denied my work.
I contacted Acura/Honda and after a few back and forth they agreed I shouldn't have had to get 5 tests, I was told most of the submittals only had 2. With that I asked them to disregard my 5th test and qualify my request. After a day the manager called me back and they did.
If anyone else has been screwed over you might have a case so contact them and get a case opened.

I'm not in the same long queue of backorders, expected to be done in December.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Unless I heard incorrectly, last week I went in to start the oil consumption test. The service rep said "we are looking for a loss oil at minimum 1/4 qt per 1000 miles." I definately heard "quarter", not "quart". I was so happy that I forgot to ask to confirm what I heard was right. Oh well. It wouldn't matter too much for me since my car loss 0 quart per 1000 miles if I use 5w30 (for first 1000 miles anyway).

You heard wrong. It must lose 1qt per 1000mi. Anything less and they wont do the repair.

·
Registered
619 Posts
So the extended warranty for the oil consumption is 1 quart per 1000 basis. The dealer told me 3 tests and takes the average from the 3 tests. My average came out to be 0.9333 quart per 970 miles. My claim got denied!!! The dealer probably did not submit the claim because when I asked for the claim number so I can contact Acura about it, no reply. I just created a case with Acura Customer Relation. Let's see what they say.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ouch nzone! Mine was 1 qt short after 1k, and 0.8q short after the 2nd 1k... they didn't even wait till the 3rd try, it got approved. I wonder if total vehicle mileage is a factor in their approvals?

301 - 312 of 312 Posts