1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
waist of time.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I went through the same thing with audi, but that one was straight forward. Everyone got a fix or anyone who paid to fix the issue and had a receipt before a date got paid. Whether the receipt was from a dealer or indy. So you could just get the piston rings done and get reimbursed. The problem with this one is does anyone know when the warranty gap ends? Ive had consumption issues but the dealer said its not over 1qt per 1000m.
After the "consumption test" they topped it up way over the max, i didnt notice for awhile. Lesson learned. My 2011 is now 9 yrs old, so its over the 8 yr power train extension but is it still inside the "warranty gap"? maybe I should get it retested? What about those of us throwing in about 1qt or less per 1000? tough luck?
I have to say comparing Audi to Acura, the Audi dealer was much better at this than the NJ Acura dealer im dealing with. Im not even sure id trust my dealer to do the repair properly to be honest.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Our MDX was tested and it burned 3/4 Quart, not enough to qualify for the repairs. The dealership gave us a free oil change, but I'm disappointed with Acura corporate.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Got the same letter in the mail. My oil consump test ended at 3/4 quart per 1000 miles and I didn’t qualify. My 2011 only has 67k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts