Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Bear with me if this topic had been discussed before but search on the topic returned too many results to sort.)

I been wondering if I could bring my MDX to a Honda dealer for routine oil change? The reason is distance. Honda dealer is two exits away while David McDavid:3: is on the other side of town with too many stop lights and thier service is poor anyway I will not miss them.

Honda got the Pilot so they should have parts available for oil change and I presume they will use the same filter oil and washer.
How about the warranty, records, I don't think it's that big a deal.

I'm testing this dealer too because I'm buying an Accord soon and that's one more way to check thier service and who knows, with an MDX, I might get a better service:D

Thanks.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
You could bring it to a gas station for an oil change, just save the receipt.
The point being there should be no problem taking it to a Honda dealer. It's the same company. And you are checking out the service for your next Honda purchase.
Ask the service manager about warranty service if you do have a problem with your Acura. I would prefer to take mine to an Acura dealer for something major, however since the Pilot, Odyssey and MDX share major mechanical components maybe it does not matter.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes, I have taken my MDX to the local Honda dealer for routine service. They had to order the VTM-4 fluid. That was before the Pilot was out. I haven't checked to see if the Pilot uses the VTM-4.

Regards, greyskr

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Same fluids, other 'bonus'

greyskr said:
Yes, I have taken my MDX to the local Honda dealer for routine service. They had to order the VTM-4 fluid. That was before the Pilot was out. I haven't checked to see if the Pilot uses the VTM-4.
Regards, greyskr
I generally make it a point to visit as many stores as possible for 'oil change' if for nothing else than getting into the marketing DB. Each dealership will log your info and many will put you on their junk mail/marketing list. Before you groan about the clog that grows in your mailbox, consider that many service departments will run specials on service/manitence that they advertise through junk mail. Often dealer X will honor the coupons from dealer Y's flyer. VERY handy way to save 10% or more on a bigger maintence item.

Works really well for "GM family of fine vehicles" pretty well for Ford/Lincoln., new to Honda/Acura , but I forsee no difficulty as many dealerships do have stores from each...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts