Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I guess I've broken in my MDX. Over the weekend, I went to Lowe's to buy a supply of lodgestone to build a retaining wall in my garden. I didn't pay enough attention to see that the Lowe's guy was stacking the stones a bit too high in the back. Unfortunately I hit a red-light that's on a slight incline and upon taking off there was a loud crash in the back. I got home to find several deep scratches in the tailgate from where the fallen stones scraped against it. :3: It looks like I've been carrying a rabid dog in the back.

I was a bit angry at the guy for stacking the stones too high-- you'd think he knew better. But then again, this is a sport UTILITY vehicle--- so I guess scratches and the like are to be expected. But I'll still be more watchful next time! Hard lesson to learn :rolleyes:

Dana

·
Registered
9 Posts
Don't feel too bad.. I did a bone-head thing the other day myself.
Ironically, mine involves Lowes, too! I was taking the propane tank for a refill thought it would be okay just sitting in the back.
Well, of course, someone pulled out in front of me.. I had to slam on the brakes and the tank slammed into the back gate. The damage -- a couple nice gashes in the plastic backside of the gate. One is really big. I'm ticked to know I could have totally prevented it from ever happening. Then there's that whole safety factor thing about securing loose, heavy objects, too! But, really no one probably will even know it's there, but me. Of course, I think about it almost every time I get behind the wheel!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
From the looks of things ...

... I think I'm going to Home Depot;)

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Don't feel bad....

the car is bigger, so we try to fit more items in its cargo. I got some scratch while I was transporting a bbq grill as well. :eek:

but you are right, we should be more careful next time, since it is an expensive car....:D

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: But the good news is......

hondacuraworld said:
....that piece is only $84.43
So that piece is actually replaceable? If so, that's good to know in case I ever have to sell it.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Or replace it now ...

... and be good as new:4:

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I don't mean to belittle your experience......

MDXCOUG said:
......Well, of course, someone pulled out in front of me.. I had to slam on the brakes........
:D.........but on the lighter side of things.........I THOUGHT THAT HAPPENED ONLY HERE IN "L.A." WHERE THE MAJORITY OF DRIVERS ARE MORONS :rolleyes:

·
Registered
312 Posts
It's a car . . . bound to happen. Now that it's been broken in, you can really start using it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts