Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my Black touring yesterday and had to take "the long way home." What a ride!! Can't wait for one of those coastal storms that dumps on the mid Atlantic every year to properly "field test" my new companion. First impressions, the wind noise is louder that I would have thought. Almost like when I used to put a ski rack on an old Saab. Like the Bose so far. Couldn't get the Homelink to "learn" my garage door opener. The red light is supposed to flash. . it doesn't. Any one have any ideas? Will call the 800 number tomorrow...after another long ride. Can't wait for the Zaino.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Homelink

Be sure to hold the 2 outside buttons for a long time (you may think it's long, but keep holding til you get a response). Then aim your garage door opener while pressing the desired Homelink location. If it doesn't take keep holding the Homelink button and multi-press the garage door opener, hope this does it.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Good advice jgen. I also have to hold the button much longer than what the manual said. When the button is held down, it recycles its learning, I believe. Once a good and clean signal is read, the light starts to flash.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Beachman said:
... Couldn't get the Homelink to "learn" my garage door opener. ...
I got the programming to work today. The salesman showed me at the delivery time so I kind of knew what to do. Press the two outer button for over 20 seconds... you will see the light blinking very fast. Then at that time, press and hold your garage opener very close to the button. Then press the car button you want to program and press your garage opener buton at the same time .. holding town until you see your car's light blinking again. Then, that is it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Congrats Beachman!

I know you'll love it twice as much when you get that 1st coat of Z5 rubbed in. As for the Homelink, it took me several tries to get it right, and in the process I wiped out my wife's remote control. I had to relearn hers. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tips on Homelink. When I first tried to program Homelink, I held down the 2 outside buttons and the red light did come on, however since then I can't get the red light to come on by pressing any of the 3 buttons. I tried to start over again by pressing the 2 outside buttons again and no red light at all. The only time I got the red light was the first time I cleared it with the 2 outside buttons. It sounds like maybe a fuse went since there appears to be no power at all. I called Homelink and they said you should always get a red light whenever any of the 3 buttons are pushed. I checked the manual and I didn't notice a fuse specific to Homelink. All other interior lights seem to be working. Any ideas?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Programming Homelink

When we picked up our TL, our salesperson told us to bring along our remote control so he could program the Homelink for us. We did, he did, and everything works great. That's what we plan to do when we pick up our MDX in February of 2002.

Now if only we could decide between the Redrock Pearl and the Starlight Silver! Wish the Redrock came with Ebony interior. We have Saddle inside our TL, and it's hard to keep clean.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Beachman said:
Thanks for the tips on Homelink. When I first tried to program Homelink, I held down the 2 outside buttons and the red light did come on... ...
If you see the two-button blicking, you have power there. You see, once you see the blinking, the MDX is expecting you to program any one specific button. So sounds like you did not follow the tips mentioned above above. Once you see the blinking the first time, all you need is to press and hold one button and press and hold your own remote close to the car home link. Wait for a few seconds to see the light to come on so that you know the MDX "got it". That is it.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Have a quick question for you....

Beachman said:
Picked up my Black touring yesterday and had to take "the long way home." What a ride!! Can't wait for one of those coastal storms that dumps on the mid Atlantic every year to properly "field test" my new companion. First impressions, the wind noise is louder that I would have thought. Almost like when I used to put a ski rack on an old Saab. Like the Bose so far. Couldn't get the Homelink to "learn" my garage door opener. The red light is supposed to flash. . it doesn't. Any one have any ideas? Will call the 800 number tomorrow...after another long ride. Can't wait for the Zaino.
Congratulations on your new ride! - Quick question....You mentioned wind noise to be "a tad on the louder side". Is your vehicle a 2001 or 2002...Just curious!
Thanks
Vic

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Beachman:

You may have a "rolling code" GDO which requires you to press the reset button on the GDO itself (not the remote), then press the buttons to "learn". It's detailed in the manual. I had to do that on both my MDX & Lexus.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Re: Have a quick question for you....

vicpai said:
... wind noise to be "a tad on the louder side". Is your vehicle a 2001 or 2002...Just curious!
Thanks
Vic
There is another thread showing actual db numbers measured by a sound meter... so perhaps it is more scientific. It is hard to determine the noise by human perception since each individual doesnot feel the same about noise.

:cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
8 Participants
RedMdxMemphis
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing