Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Boston visiting my mom and did some fixing and maintenance on her 2007 TL with 82k miles( used to be mine before I got the MDX). I managed to replace the following items with basic tools:

1. PCV valve
2. Spark plugs
3. 3x3 ATF flush
4. Drive belt
5. Drive belt tensioner assembly
6. Cabin air filter
7. Element air filter
8. Power steering fluid flush

Dealer did the timing belt, water pump, tensioner on 2/21/14 at only 48,526 miles??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
The vehicle was 7 years old in 2014 so a timing belt replacement was appropriate.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
The TL has always been the 3.2 AFAIK
the 3.5 was on the RL

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
3G TL Type-S uses the RLs 3.5L
How do their AT hold up over the years? I have seen many 3G TLS. All of them are AT. Kind of strange.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
How do their AT hold up over the years? I have seen many 3G TLS. All of them are AT. Kind of strange.

They aren´t as crappy as the 2G TL for sure.....
As for specifically the 3G TL-S AUTO? I dunno, I always look at the 6MTs which are rare.
I find sad that someone that bought a 3G TL-S opted for the OPTIONAL A/T...
My 2G TL-S was Automatic Only and we all know how ****ty those trans came out to be.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Does anyone make a super charger, for the 2007 TL?
CT-Engineering use to be the go to shop for S/C for 04-08 TL. I didn't see the S/C kit for the 04-08 TL on the CT-Engineering site; but, it was still available from other 3rd parties: https://www.evasivemotorsports.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=CT-350-073&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIy7DCl4Ob2AIVSLbACh1hbg-4EAYYASABEgKDqPD_BwE

There is always Hondata FlashPro for $700+I/H/E if the $4700 S/C kit isn't an option: https://www.hondata.com/products/flashpro&filter=14

CT-Engineering was working on a S/C for the 3.7L engine a while back; but, it didn't go pass the test phase. Hondata and CT-Engineering pretty much stopped aftermarket development for Acura's in the last 5-6 years.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is this a bad/defected navigation dvd unit or just a scratch navigation dvd disc? I noticed a scratches on the dvd disc. I don’t feel like paying 150$ for the DVD’s.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I sometimes purchased older DVDs from eBay for around $50-$80 depending on how out of date they are. Prices for brand new navi (once a year) updates start at $199 in the fall, around $149 winter to spring, and $99 by the start of summer most of the time. I only update my 06 TSX and 08 RDX navi every 3rd or 4th year since they are just city/commute vehicles only.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I sometimes purchased older DVDs from eBay for around $50-$80 depending on how out of date they are. Prices for brand new navi (once a year) updates start at $199 in the fall, around $149 winter to spring, and $99 by the start of summer most of the time. I only update my 06 TSX and 08 RDX navi every 3rd or 4th year since they are just city/commute vehicles only.

I don’t want to buy a dvd disc if there is a problem with the navigation unit.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do you know what are these B codes are? I cleared them and they kept coming back. I know I removed the HFL and the rear right door actuator is bad. Maybe removing the HFL unit is triggered these codes?

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Problem with rear right door
The rear right door is physically unlocked all the time even the door is locked by a remote or by hand. I can see the little round post moved up and down. The alarm goes off when someone try to open the door because you can still open the door even it locked. Is it the latch or the actuator is not working?

·
Registered
162 Posts
yes.. that sounds about right....!!
My 02 TL is suffering from those exact symptoms on all 4 doors..
When its hot out.. [10*C+ or 55*F+] all 4 locks are hap-hazard

when its cool... they tend to be a little more active
so yah.. activator are crapping out..
J.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yes.. that sounds about right....!!
My 02 TL is suffering from those exact symptoms on all 4 doors..
When its hot out.. [10*C+ or 55*F+] all 4 locks are hap-hazard

when its cool... they tend to be a little more active
so yah.. activator are crapping out..
J.

Is there a way to replace this actuator assembly without removing the glass? In the 2007 TL service manual said to remove the door panel and glass. I used to remove the door panel before but I am not sure it is necessary to remove the glass, which I had never done it before.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have found / seen one video that address the actuator replacement..
If I recall correctly the window stayed in..

I think the dealer quoted me a shade less that 200 per door for replacement..
J.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have found / seen one video that address the actuator replacement..
If I recall correctly the window stayed in..

I think the dealer quoted me a shade less that 200 per door for replacement..
J.

Ok thank. Can you give me a link to the video? The dealer asked for $1,000 to replace. I am running as fast as I could from this dealer and will never go there again! ALL of these acura dealers are highway robberies. The people work there are worst than a drug dealer.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts