Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, not down completely... Snowboarding is fun and all until you pop your knee!

Thank goodness I went with a friend, and he was able to drive me home! We took his 2015 TLX to the hill, and honestly it's a harsher ride when your injured.

Luckily, I'm still driving, and I gotta say, the X is making my life easy! I can still swing myself in and out, and the ride is nice and comfortable that I don't end up jarring my knee! My dad's TL on the other hand, it may be nicer on the inside but rides much harsher...

So, I'd like to know, have any of you guys every injured yourselves? Could you still drive around? Was it still painful?

NOTE: It's my right knee too! So it's harder now with my brace to move my knee perfectly

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
I tore my left Achilles playing volleyball at a company picnic a few years ago when I just had my 06 TSX and 08 RDX at the time. I had to drive myself home after walking about 1/4 mile to the parking lot. I was lucky it was my left Achilles and both cars are automatic. Much easier to get around on my own in the SUV after surgery, using two crutches, wearing a large boot, and a lot of physical therapy appointments. Way too hard to do all that in my TSX with a lowered suspension. No more volleyball for me. Now I'm into single track eMTB riding day and night (with a lot of lights). Good exercise with low impact on the body unless you hit the ground or low branch. Ended up on my back a few times and hurt my shoulder, bounced my head off the ground, and scraped up my legs. I wear a lot more gear to protect me so I can get back on the bike and have a cool story to tell later.

I don't think I could ever go back to driving a sedan again because of all the advantages of having a CUV/SUV.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Lots of fun :|

I have Transient Osteoporosis of the hip and some days it's a real struggle to get in or out of my MDX. Good thing it's my left hip or I would not be able to drive.

Get well soon.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I’m hoping to get better fast, but I’m off the mountain for the rest of the season... sucks cause it’s one of my favourite things to do, with friends and family! Oh well...

Sounds like the heel would have been on fire if you had to drive with a clutch, or had it been your right one!

And I hope the hip doesn’t end up being a huge pain in the long run!

I’m no doctor by any means but all of this would suck for anyone, any degree of pain or severity...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.