Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm ordering a set of struts and shocks for my 2004 acura mdx, i really need help you guys all i really wanna know which is better oespectrum or kyb gr2/excel g to give me a good ride and handling without the harshness, as well as which is close to being the best oe ride....please get back to asap i'm ordering in the next hour,

also if anyone could tell me why you choose the brand you did?

·
Registered
240 Posts
I think you'll probably be fine with either the KYBs or the Monroes, they're both good. I went with KYB when I replaced mine and they've been fine, but there are plenty of other people who have gone Monroe and are also happy. Of course, you can find detractors for both. IIRC, most of the feedback was that the Monroes are a little softer than OEM and the KYBs are a little harder. I think both are close enough in performance that it ends up boiling down to personal preference.

Of course, it's worth considering that Monroe is currently doing it's Shocktober promotion: buy 3, get the 4th free.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ive always been a KYB fan, I ran Oem Spetrum on my wifes 03 MDX recently and am very pleased, I will say, I am a very capable mechanic and this job without a wall mounted spring compressor should not be attempted, ive changed 100's of struts and this cars springs are way long and a pain in the butt. I had to use 2 sets of compressors and a lot of cuss words.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Yeah, that's no joke. I took mine to my corner mechanic and gave him $40 to swap the springs for me. Money well spent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts