Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s the benefit or use of a 650mm vs 500mm vs regular OEM blades? Was buying replacements at an online Acura store and did not realize there are theae options which I had none in my prior vehicles (non-Acura). Thanks!

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX SH-AWD TECH
38 Posts
650mm = Driver's Side Wiper
500mm = Passenger Side Wiper
350mm = Rear Tailgate Wiper

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
650mm = Driver's Side Wiper
500mm = Passenger Side Wiper
350mm = Rear Tailgate Wiper
Thank you! I did not realize that on the description.
Side question: For your vehicles, do you DIY, dealer or local shop maintenance and repair?

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX SH-AWD TECH
38 Posts
I DIY for almost everything other than that covered by warranty. Once that's over, I'll continue to DIY everything I can. I'm skilled enough to know how to most (fluids, filters, brakes,....), smart enough to know when best done by dealer (tranny, AC,...).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys for your inputs! Looking to drive this thing past 200k with 15k/yr driving.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Be sure to order the inserts and not the whole wiper blade assembly.
Yeah just the inserts bc i had experience where Honda won't replace the entire assembly since some shop replaced it instead of replacing the inserts.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
683 Posts
I wait until Costco has a sale and buy replacement blades for $5 each. Not as good as the OEM but who cares. It takes 30
Seconds to remove and replace a blade. I do it once a year when I replace the cabin filter.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just go your local parts store, like Advance Auto, and pick up a set of Bosch Icon wipers, most auto parts stores will even install it for you for free; and the Bosch Icons are superior to OEM blades.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts