Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

OEM Remote Starter Fob Error!!

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Zues05 
#1 ·
Driver 1 fob works fine and remote starts the car. It works as expected.

Driver 2 Fob oddly blinks red when the lock button is pushed and then when the engine start button is pressed it immediately blinks red like it’s an error. (It doesn’t blink orange at all. Goes right to red no matter how close I am to the vehicle.

When I press lock on it blinks red but doesn’t lock the car. When I press lock twice it locks the car.
When I press unlock it unlocks the car.
All keyless functions work.

The only change was when my mechanic had it he said the battery was weak and he had to replace the battery.

I know 100% sure the remote start worked because my Wife keeps her fob (driver 1) in her purse and uses the driver 2 fob to auto start the car which she did that morning when I dropped it off to the mechinc.

I just called the mechanic and he’s saying all he did was change the battery.

any ideas what may have caused this with that battery change?

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm having same issue with my 2002 MDX I've only had it for 3 weeks and I've noticed that .I have gotten the oil changed last month and know I have noticed that it's kinda sluggish when I drive it and the maintenance light came on.got that fixed then the green key light started flashing and know it's the keyless fob it unlocks it but doesn't lock now red light flashing I hit the lock 2 times and I heard a noise coming from under the hood like some thing is not powered up or something .so I'm going to change the battery in the fob and I sure hope it is only that .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.