Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of ya'll know where i can get a factory rear bumper for pretty cheap. I think Acura wants 500 dollars for one unpainted. PLease lemmie know someone got mine with their trailier hitch

Thanks

·
Registered
3,761 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have one that is granite green in perfect condition that I can sell you for $250 plus shipping, let me know if your interested

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Dead Kitty ....

nurplermdx wrote:
I have one that is granite green in perfect condition that I can sell you for $250 plus shipping, let me know if your interested
Sure glad I'm not a cat 'cause I sure am curious! I can see where one might have extra wheels [replaced originals], extra tires [changed wheels], etc. but for the life of me, I can't figure out why someone might have an extra bumper??

Soooo, nurplermdx, if you are willing to share, I for one am curious :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
JL889 wrote:
Do any of ya'll know where i can get a factory rear bumper for pretty cheap. I think Acura wants 500 dollars for one unpainted. PLease lemmie know someone got mine with their trailier hitch
JL ... Don't know how bad your bumper was hurt, I imagine someone poked a hole in it. Thus, I am assuming that the bumper skin is damaged but the bumper itself is OK. Most body shops won't mess with repairing the skin, they simply replace it because it is hard to "get the repair PERFECT".

I used to have a mobile "vehicle finish repair business" serving auto dealerships. We could repair most type of bumper tears [where there is no underlying bumper damage] right on a dealer's lot and then paint it. Dealers liked it for a number of reasons:

** Repair virtually undetectable [typically, if you didn't know before hand that it was damaged, you would never know it was repaired].

** Repair was fast [only out of service 1 day] vs. typical week in the body shop.

** Cost of repair was typically $200 or less [including repainting], thus saving dealer a minimum of $200.

We did this on New cars and used cars. We actually had a "favorite VW dealer" who insisted on using hex head bolts to put on their dealer frames and then parked the cars 0.0005" from each other. Well, the salesmen backed one into another all the time. We used to repair/repaint 4-8 per week [all done in one day, we just lined them up, repaired them left to right, and then painted them left to right, sorta like an assembly line!!].

This type of mobile service is very common. You might want to contact your dealer and see if he will "hook you up with his finish repair guy".

Just a suggestion that might save you $200-450.

·
Registered
818 Posts
DaleB said:

Just ordered something from you yesterday, still waiting for a response..........
Hey did you get the front seat headrests???

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
nurplermdx,

Are you parting the MDX out? If so, please provide some info to us = Exterior Color, Interior Color, Model [Premium vs Touring] and Options [running boards, yada yada yada].

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Thanks for the info

1 - 17 of 17 Posts