Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with a 19 or 20 Advance or any year Hybrid have the OEM Hitch Installed with pics they can share of the finished product?

Curious how it looks with models that have the lower garnish that matches the body color as I know they remove that lower trim on the rear and replace it with black with the tow package.

I'm assuming they didn't start offering a color matched trim piece for the Hitch install like they offer color matched splash guards?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I have an OEM hitch+ harness with a full size spare installed on my 19 MDX Adv hybrid. I need to take pics of the hitch+spare when I get off work later today. They had to remove the color matched lower garnish and replaced with the un-painted cut-up garnish for the hitch/harness. It doesn't look too bad to me because my MDX is Fathom Blue Pearl and the hitch trim piece doesn't stand out too much.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
The unpainted Hitch trim piece hides the full size spare almost completely:

pic of full size spare without the OEM hitch (has color matched trim piece still on):

Reactions: bobby2478

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! What's the cover you have over your spare? Is that oem or aftermarket? Never seen that before.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
It is just a $14 spare tire cover from Amazon (30-33 size): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MDZLRC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I did the same cover for my 11 MDX and it help with keeping the tire cleaner under the vehicle for years. I went one step further and had an old Discount Tire tire bag I wrapped the tire in first and then added the cover to keep it extra clean when needed. I just rip a small hole when I need to check the PSI and set the PSI to around +40 so I only have to check the spare a few times a year.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for sharing. I've got a white 19 Advance so I know it will stick out but was just curious how it would look (especially on white or a lighter color). It is what it is I guess as it's the cleanest looking option for a Hitch and isn't worth it to me to pay to have the trim piece color matched.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts