Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased and used the OEM Acura crossbars and Acura storage box. I removed the box but am wondering if I should keep the crossbars on the car or remove them. The only reason I am thinking they should be removed is for car washes. Will the long fabric pieces of automatic carwashes get caught up on the bars and cause a problem?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NEVER use a "soft cloth" or any touch carwash, it will ruin your paint pretty quickly. Only use touch free for your vehicle. Especially for a brand new luxury one.
Thanks for the reply, but not what I asked. If I have a question on whether or not I should use a soft cloth car wash in the future I will refer back to your reply.

Still looking for a reply to whether the crossbars will cause problems with the soft cloth parts of the car wash.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I had crossbars on my 2010 MDX and never had any problems with the soft cloth car wash. My 2022 has crossbars and although I’ve never taken it through a car wash I don’t see how it’d be any different from my 2010.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have taken my MDX to the carwash and I have the factory cross bars ... it is fine. The last time I took it, I was able to sit in the car during the whole process, It does not get tangled up. However, it would wash better with it off obviously. My wife also has cross bars and takes her car to the car wash and it is fine. Although, she did get some slight scratches from the wash, BUT she willing to risk it. Her car is dark blue and you can see swirls and such. My MDX is white, so very hard to see scratches. So to the original OP, its fine.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Amen to the poster who said only use touchless. Every car I had that I ran through a car wash it had put swirl lines in the clear coat. Just bought a 2022 Toyota 4 Runner TRD pro and I just rinse it then foam cannon it and rinse the soap off. Never using a car wash - unless it’s touchless again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts