Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Just think of all the 'reasonable' changes one could make on an MDX with the same money to trick out a car, and watch reliability and emissions control go out the window.
They could get a faster vehicle to start with. Are they going to street race to the next family outing?

Oh, well. If it's got wheels somebody will 'rod' it.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Only one question comes to mind: WHY???

Why would anyone want to do this to a minivan, a vehicle that is inherently not designed for performance driving? With this kind of horsepower increase the dynamics change dramatically, and there is a need to also upgrade suspension, brakes, structure, etc. to handle the extra horsepower.

Would it not make more sense to just get a proper sports car instead of wasting money on Nitrous system for a minivan? It is one thing to perform reasonable modifications to get a modest horsepower bump in order to improve drivability, it is completely different story to modify a minivan in an attempt to enable it to compete at the drag strip.

In my opinion, it is simply a waste of a perfectly good minivan. :28:

·
Registered
124 Posts
IMNSHO

That is over-the-top dumb and it sounds like it is getting dumber with what is planned. I'm just surprised it was in Ohio and not California.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Re: IMNSHO

fvince said:
That is over-the-top dumb and it sounds like it is getting dumber with what is planned. I'm just surprised it was in Ohio and not California.
You see fvince. Now you personally know not to believe that hype about Cali!
:14:

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Re: Soccer moms on steroids

remery said:
Just what this country needs - soccer moms on steroids.:rolleyes:
Hey, have you ever tried to get a parking spot at a crowded ballpark during a big tournament:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
FUNNY!

HAHAHAH Speaking of Oddys on steroids...

I just saw a 2001 Honda Oddyssey on a soccer field parking lot...
CHECK THIS OUT:

eighteen inch OZ Revolution racing wheels. Lowered with adjustable tokico shocks and struts. Cool air intake with K&N filter. Engine ported and polish with throttle body. Greddy Header with NO CAT to a dual Hayame exhaust system.

Nitrous bottle clamped on the back for a little squeeze once in awhile.

The FUNNIEST thing is...the van has a sticker on the rear bumper that says, "My mom's van is faster than your mom's van."

HAHAHAAHHA....that is so great.... I love it! :2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts