Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 MDX, I'm not sure if the windows are suppose to behave this way or not.
When the safety switch is off (red not showing), the passenger and 2 rear windows will not work from the respective door controls and then wont work from the drivers controls.
When the safety switch is on (red is showing), the passenger and 2 rear windows work fine from the drivers controls and respective door controls.

Ive seen plenty of posts about resetting the drivers auto and if the passenger and rear windows wont work from the drivers controls, and with a bad switch, but none seem to be my problem.
Shouldn't the windows still be controllable from the drivers control if the switch is in either position?

Work Ive done lately:
Changed the starter. Battery was unhooked. Had to turn the key from 10-100 times sometimes to get it to turn over. Did not fix the problem. Looked up codes. Only had P0706.
Changed the Transmission Range Sensor: Battery was unhooked. Did fix the starting problem. Also fixed it not going into cruise control and improper shifting on hills.
Changed the battery.
The window problem started at the same time as the climate control not switching the vent levels properly. I thought the vehicle was missing a voltage on a supply line.
The climate control was the diverter contacts inside the unit. Cleaned them and now my feet don't freeze or melt anymore.

I also had to re-enable the seat memory feature via the mirror heater.
I would love to find wiring diagrams. I was considering buying the chilton or hayes.

·
Registered
172 Posts
At the risk of sounding like a complete idiot, isn't red showing when the window lock is off and no red means it's on?. If windows are locked, they won't with from driver door either.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive had quite a few cars with the switch.In every other vehicle but the mdx, the driver controls worked regardless of the switch position. If you had children in the back and turn the safety off to roll down a window for one of them, they would be able to roll it down further until you changed the switch back. That would defeat the purpose of the switch. Im not saying Acura didnt build it like this, but Im 90% sure it worked the same as all the other cars until recently.
The pic has the switch. "On" is on the left and the red is showing when on is pressed down. So, I think it doesn't mean the safety switch is on, but the individual door controls are on.

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
I liken the switch to a gun safety, red means danger, as in all switches are a go. No red means safe....I have another vehicle that is the same way as u describe....

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts