Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've gotten my Dad 99.9% ready to buy a MDX, but he wants to be 110% sure it'll fit in the garage.

For those of you familiar with the burbs south of Chicago, into NW Indiana, the nearest Acura dealer is in Orland Park, whcih is about a 30 mile drive. Ideally, my Dad would want to actually see if a MDX will fit in the garage, but Orland doesn't have any. And even if they did. having to drive it over 30 miles to see if it'll fit, isn't something the dealer would be willing to allow.

So, my question is this and I feel odd asking, but here goes... Is there anyone in the NW Indiana/south/southwestern burbs of Chicago that wold possibly be willing, and IF you're in the area to possible bring your MDX by my Dad's to see if it'll fit?

This is certainly an odd request, but I would be greatful to anyone who may be able to help fullfill the request.

PM me if you think this is a possibility.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
This made me chuckle - the things we do for our parents!;) :6: :8:
Hope someone close by comes thru for you (& your Dad).

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
I would volunteer, but I am in the western burbs or Chicago. If all else fails, take the measurement and tape it out in the Garage. I did this myself. Not the whole thing just the corners. Just to get a good. Idea. Shoot tell the dealer the situation, then might even let you take one for a day to do this.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Warzau said:
I would volunteer, but I am in the western burbs or Chicago. If all else fails, take the measurement and tape it out in the Garage. I did this myself.
It's not the width he's worried about, it's the height.

Do you really think Rizza in Orland is going to let myself or him, drive a MDX 60 miles, round trip, to see if it'll fit? Maybe if the car is used... But I'm doubtful.

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Ask them, whats the worst they can say, no?
They tel you are serious about buying it and this is the only thing holding you back. They do have demos dont they?

Good Luck

·
Registered
449 Posts
Just get the specs off the brochure and then measure your garage and how low the garage door opener hangs down. That is what I did, the MDX just barely fit in the garage but it fits.:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Two suggestions:

1. Don't even consider buying your car from RIZZA Acura in Orland Park. I am finding out that Rizza is full of horror stories at all of their dealers. I bought my MDX there and am already sorry due to their promise of free "any time" car washes, then they changed their mind without notice and stopped the washes. I couldn't even get a response from their general manager after I sent him two emails.

2. Your best bet is to look for a used MDX in your area or at a dealer, although there are not many available. That may be the only way to get one to try in the garage. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts