Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife noticed an odd protrusion on the headliner above the third row of our 2017 MDX. I thought it was droopy headliner but it is solid. I've attached a picture. I'm planning on taking to the dealer tomorrow, but has anyone seen this before?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Seriously,I would say that anyone who has a 3rd gen MDX has seen it. You could probably call and ask what it is. I don’t know what it is but it’s on my car.

·
Registered
731 Posts
It’s normal - we have a party of friends with MDX’s and we were all talking about the bump back there and what it could be. One person had no idea it was there (never looked backed there).

I suspect it’s the middle seat seatbelt tensioner.

Don’t waste your time going to the dealer for that unless you are going for other reasons as well.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, but from what I recall anyway it's never been there before and there isn't one on the passenger side of the car. Could it be it has always been there and I never noticed?

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Okay, but from what I recall anyway it's never been there before and there isn't one on the passenger side of the car. Could it be it has always been there and I never noticed?
If it’s the center seat tensioner,why would there be 2 of them? You’ve just been told every MDX has that. What more do you need to know? I never noticed it and I’ve had an MDX for 4 years.
The post below is from March 28th,2016.
I just found there is a 'bump' on the trunk ceiling. Was it roof leaking to cause it? or it is design?

See photo and red arrow below.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Lol, seriously?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I never noticed it until I saw this thread. Thanks for posting this.

·
Registered
869 Posts
It’s normal - we have a party of friends with MDX’s and we were all talking about the bump back there and what it could be. One person had no idea it was there (never looked backed there).

I suspect it’s the middle seat seatbelt tensioner.

Don’t waste your time going to the dealer for that unless you are going for other reasons as well.
This. Or it's a tumor... :grin:

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Maybe we all have mice. Every one of us. This thread brings back memories

1 - 11 of 11 Posts