Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2 week old X (white/touring/nav) is having some problems. Last weekend, the right mirror stopped moving when I was in reverse (it still operated manually, however). Wednesday, when I brought it into the shop I also noticed that the mileage history was gone, and had been completely reset. For the mirror, they thought it would just be a switch that needed replacing - they had no idea on the history (first time they heard of it).

Wednesday afternoon comes and they tell me that they can't fix the problem with what they have, and need to overnight a "control unit" from someplace, so would have to keep it until Thursday. Thursday comes (today) and the tell me the part didn't help, and did I know that my memory seats don't work (I'm the only driver, so had no idea).

They have been working with Acura now for the better part of 2 days and have no idea (that's what they tell me) of what the problem is. They are going to keep it another day and keep trying (although they couldn't tell me what they'd try - they're hoping Acura can figure this out). Apparently the computer on board and their "multiplexer" won't diagnose the problem.

I really like the car, but am now pretty concerned by this problem. It started out as something very minor and is starting to blossom into a greater concern. This car is fairly sophisticated electronically and if they are having problems here then I'm wondering what will happen down the road.

I was set to go and get an extended warranty (the more technology in a car, the more things that can fail) but will now wait and see if this turns into a lemon. I only say that because they've never encountered this problem, and it sounds like it's new to Acura as well.

If they don't fix it tomorrow, I will take it home and make another appointment. To qualify as a lemon in Ohio, they get 4 chances to fix it. The service manager has been very apologetic and considerate - as well as honest - so I appreciate that.

Love the X. Would love it more if it was in my garage instead of theirs.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Verify the Mirror Select Switch Position

rmdesantis

As far as the mirror goes, verify that the mirror select switch is in the "middle" position. The mirror will NOT tilt down if it is selecting either the left or the right mirror.

As far as history goes, do you have your system set to automatically reset upon refueling or do you manually reset. If you manually reset, you will loose your history.

Good Luck,
Dan

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Verified

The mirror tilt-down had been working sporadically since I got the vehicle. I knew I would have to take it in someday, and just figured that I would wait until it failed (so that the mechanics could easily reproduce the problem). Yes, the switch was in the middle position.

I had always kept the history set to refresh automatically when I refuel, and had about 4 tanks of gas in it - so had a good history. It was totally gone when I brought it to the dealer.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts