Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2015 MDX Tech with 29k. Been driving it for almost a month. I've had it in to dealer for software updates and a few other tsb fixes.

Interested in any experience folks have with this issue:

When I am coming to a stop, the braking is smooth until I get below 10 mph... Then I get a sensation like the brakes are grabbing a bit more than the pressure I am providing... almost like a power assist. I can't determine if this is from the braking system, or if is a side-effect of the transmission downshifting as I slow, causing some extra engine braking. I've never felt this in another car.

Does this sound familiar? Normal for an MDX? Abnormal, but a known issue? I'd like to be educated before the dealer tells me it is "normal."

Tonight, I'll try to brake after shifting to neutral to see if I can eliminate the tranny angle.

Thanks for any thoughts on this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I checked and this is a transmission issue. When I shift to neutral and brake, all is smooth. Seems the downshifting happens at around 1000 rpm causing a surge to 1200 rpm... end result is braking that is not smooth at all. Will take test drive with dealer next time I'm in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts