Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi MDXlight:

___I can’t answer your question as I don’t know where it is in the X yet but I am hoping to hear that you have an OBDII real time SW/HW laptop or PDA solution … What I am really interested in is the timing plots at varying RPM’s while using both Premium unleaded and Regular unleaded if you do in fact have one of these setups?

___Good Luck and Thanks in advance if you do in fact own one of these little marvels.

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
under the dash, near the steering column, just to the right.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I think I posted on this already too...

Currently the OBDI-I spec does NOT provide for the kind of info you want.

{Unless i am dreaming even RobSJ seconded that, the info available from the factory-type scanners is pretty limited...}

THAT SAID, there are folks out there that DO MODIFY the PCM/ECU to make the kind of useful info accessible/modifiable...

I could swear I listed like three or four shops before, now I am just seeing this one:

http://www.hondata.com/quicktour.html

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all your help. I own software from www.obd2.com
It does a very good job of keeping my cars fine tuned as I track many of my cars. The software is robust but it can not perform all the features of a complete engine management system.

·
** BANNED ** (enough is enough)
275 Posts
Does that have Honda/Acura dedicated support or is it still going to be used with Generic OBDII mode?

Rob

·
** BANNED ** (enough is enough)
275 Posts
So it'll be somewhat limited in the amount of parameters you can monitor. Are you using the PC based one or the PDA based one?

Rob

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is PC based. Take a look at their website. You can download demo screens. It allows you to view up to 68 live parameters at the same time and produce graphs with the data.

Features include: vehicle selection database, real-time data grid, real-time graphing with up to 6 graphing windows, meters, bar graphs, unlimited recording and playback, snapshots, professional reports, on-line information libraries,
Meter configurations w/ Min/Max determination, Snapshots (time-stamped and color coded) and Markers, and Data Logger & Gas Analyzer Support.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi MDXlight:

___I look forward to your OBD-II posts/attachments in the near future … If you do get the chance to connect up and see the Timing parameters, I would greatly appreciate the timing plots side by side with the RPM plots and possibly the two fuel trims using the two differing octane fuels … That is when you have the time.

___Good Luck and thanks in advance.

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts