Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a Bluetooth OBD2 reader and OBD Fusion app for my Android phone. I have mainly gotten it to troubleshoot my other cars, but just for grins I plugged it into my 2003 MDX. It is reading the battery voltage, fuel economy, RPM, and Coolant Temp values just fine, but I was really surprised that MAF dial remains at zero during the session. My other cars are '98 Taurus and '02 BMW, both report MAF values. The only OBD2 code I'm reading on the Acura is P0420, which I've been watching for a few months. I would expect a specific OBD2 code if MAF was not working at all, yet instead I'm just reading zero.

Has anyone used OBD2 readers on this generation of MDX to tell me if failing to read MAF values is normal, or if I should consider replacing MAF?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I've modified my searches and found plenty of results confirming there is indeed only MAP sensor on this engine. That perfectly explains why readings on MAF are always at zero, but there are no MAF error codes. One less thing for me to worry about!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts