Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 2008 MDX with just under 117k, I received two codes in late March after having a remote starter installed, P0154 and SH-AWD 77. I had family health issues and unfortunately the codes didn't get addressed right away. Since then I received another code P2254. I purchased the Bank 2 Sensor 1 upper, directly from Acura and had it replaced by a mechanic friend. Before the evening was over the check engine light was back. I have read several threads on several sites and does anyone really know what the fix for this is? Did I throw away my $160 because I have to go to the dealer anyway? Please help if you have an answer.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
P0154 is the upper air fuel sensor, P2254 is the lower o2 sensor. if you leave the first one unfixed for a long time, other problem would surface. There was an example before where somebody left the code on for a long time and the car won't move later on.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was about 5 months and then the P2254 came on. I am embarrassed to say I waited that long, but life got in the way. So you think if we replace the Sensor 2 lower, it should fix the problem? Would the SH-AWD 77 go away also?

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
you'd better double check. I replaced the upper bank 1 sensor 1, it was definitely an air fuel sensor. i suspect that you used wrong sensor, but pls verify.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help. I called the Acura parts department and the guy said they were the same and that the Air Fuel was the same as the O2, but what bothers me is the one I bought has 4 wires and the original had 5 wires. What a pain. I guess i should have gone to the dealer because this is more trouble than it is worth.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
i am not convinced. as you said, one has 5 wires and the other has 4. also the af sensor is a lot more expensive. if you go to youtube, you can find out that the ways they work are totally different. so i tend to believe the parts guy did not know what he was talking about. but it could be me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I believe you are right. The funny thing is I called two Acuras. They don't know as much as they should know. What code did you have when you replaced the upper B1S1?

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
P0134
this is what i used. it is said to be the same as oem. again, pls carefully verify.
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001F7GKGA[/ame]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I definitely know you are right I looked at pics of the two and the mechanic definitely removed an A/F not an O2.

The P0154 is the B2S1 upper A/F and the P2254 is located where? B??S?? lower O2.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts