Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone. First time posting. I have a 2014 MDX. One of the nuts for the parking/foot brake mounts fell off. (It was loose -- and, when I went to tighten it, it fell into a recess I can't reach.)

I need to get another nut, and was hoping someone could tell me the size/threads/etc. Thanks!

·
Registered
713 Posts
just a guess from looking at a parts blow up online thru Google. 10 second search. 94050-08080 8mm flange nut. Use a magnetic to get the old one back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I had no luck on Google yesterday, other than finding an exploded parts diagram with no descriptions. I ordered a set of 8mm flange nuts from Amazon (link), since they can be here tomorrow am. I'm not sure if threading is standard across all flange nuts of the same size, but I'll give it a shot. If that doesn't work, I'll order from the linked site you sent.

P.S. I did try a telescoping magnetic rod, but the angle is impossible. Thanks again!

·
Registered
713 Posts
I have been known to tape a piece small rubber hose onto a vacuum to pick up something like that. Also if you can see it, or know about where it is, a small piece of wire bent and with a small hook bent at the end can sometimes fish it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts