Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just get a quote from NTB to mount/balance and install my own tires for $30 per tire plus tax. Is this a reasonable price ?

Town FAIR TIRES is not allowed to install your own NEW tires for liability issue. They will do with used tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
885 Posts
Shop around your locally owned shops, but in my area $20-30 a wheel is fairly common. Make sure they have a good machine so they don't damage the wheels.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Southeast Texas area. From $15 at the local small guy to $40 at discount tire. You have to figure you're getting national service if they included free balance and rotate for the life of the tires, that's what Discount did for me, so you can go to any NTB and get help.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Go online to Tirerack dot com
See if the tire that you need installed is offered by Tirerack.
Look at Tirerack's "local installers" near you. NTB will be on that list.
Choose the NTB from the list and look at their $15 mounted & balanced price per tire.
Print it and take it to your NTB.
Peel the stickers off your new tires and tell NTB that you bought them from Tirerack last fall when they were on sale, but didn't need them mounted until now.
Been there/done that.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Go online to Tirerack dot com
See if the tire that you need installed is offered by Tirerack.
Look at Tirerack's "local installers" near you. NTB will be on that list.
Choose the NTB from the list and look at their $15 mounted & balanced price per tire.
Print it and take it to your NTB.
Peel the stickers off your new tires and tell NTB that you bought them from Tirerack last fall when they were on sale, but didn't need them mounted until now.
Been there/done that.
Thanks! I will try that even though I got them from discount tire dot com.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
thats a terrible price...NTb charges me 70 to take off summer tires and put on winter tires

not sure why you couldnt get that price for putting on new tires

1 - 8 of 8 Posts