Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it's just appropriate to introduce myself to the group. I've been a member since Oct 2002 but never posted anything on the board until today. I've been a member of Honda-Acura.net for a while, but has been inactive for a while.

Anyway, I'm from NW Florida, in the Panama City Beach area; also known as LA (Lower Alabama) or Redneck Riviera. I haven't seen too many MDXs in this area, maybe a half a dozen or so, which I think is a good thing since my ride still stands out in the sea of Navigator and Expeditions.

I've been a Honda/Acura "lover" since I bought my first car - a 1985 CRX. I've owned 2 other Hondas since then - a 1992 Civic CX HB and a 1999 Integra GSR, which is now my baby. Since Oct last year, my wife drives our 2002 SSM Base MDX. In between those, I owned 2 other beater cars - a Corolla and a Pulsar NX. Oh, I also rode an old Shadow 500 and a CBR600F3 - both retired to give way to the MDX. Our two kids are growing up way too fast.

I haven't done much to our X except for the interior, fog, and head lights. Next in line are the chrome side steps which I just ordered from Tim a few minutes ago. It's sort of a necessity since my wife complained to me that she's having trouble climbing into the X; she's on the vertically challenged side. :D So what does a good husband suppose to do? Make sure the mussis is happy, right? Shhh! Don't tell her my "real" reason for buying it. :p

Anyway, I'm planning of actively posting here from now on. To tell you the truth, I've been impressed of the board "environment" so far. People seems to be very helpful of each other.

Until then...

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Welcome to the board GSRpilot. Glad you finally checked in. From the looks of the membership list a lot of members sign up and never post on the forum. What made you decide to start posting?

You will really like the Acura SS side steps. Got mine in December after almost ordering the Maniks. I was probably just days away from placing the Manik order when Tim posted info about the new Acura Steps.

Once again, Welcome GSRpilot.:7:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

Thanks, BaldEagle! I don't usually open my mouth recklessly when I'm around new acquaintances, especially when I'm the new guy in the group, so I guess that's also the reason I was hesitant to post here before. Now that I had the feel of what's going on in the group, I didn't want to miss out on all the fun you guys are having. So you'll be seeing more of my posts in the future.

Oh yeah, I can't wait for the side steps to arrive. I'll be posting the install photos for everyone's viewing pleasure.

Again, thanks for the friendly reply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts