Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you can just use the bottom (bumper) part of the nose mask alone?

I have a bug guard on the hood and only need the nose mask bottom for long trips.

This would prevent paint chips and nicks on the large lower portion of the front! :confused:

·
Registered
292 Posts
I don't see why not. I have the Acura mask and use both sections. They are totally separate and don't attach to each other, so they don't rely on each other to fit. The bottom section doesn't come anywhere near where the hood deflector would be EXCEPT that the mask attaches underneath the gap between the hood and fender on each side, at the front of the hood. So if the deflector has clips that fit into this gap, that are used to help hold it to the hood, then there MIGHT be an interference problem. That would occur only if these clips use up half the gap or more. Deflectors I have seen don't attach at this location.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Casique

I use the bottom portion of the nose mask just as you describe. I have a deflector on the hood and use the lower half of the nose mask when I take trips. Works great and no rock nicks yet after 9 months.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Casique

fvince said:
I use the bottom portion of the nose mask just as you describe. I have a deflector on the hood and use the lower half of the nose mask when I take trips. Works great and no rock nicks yet after 9 months.
fvince

Thanks for the great info! I haven't been able to find a clear bra dealer here In Norfolk VA, so I'm going to the next best thing.:1:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts