Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Full Nose Mask from hondacura. In reading the destructions, it says "The nose mask cannot be installed if the vehicle is equipped with fender flares or an air deflector".

Bummer. have fender flares.

Is this true? Is there a work-around??

·
Registered
143 Posts
Dbarry ~

Pamela Anderson's clothes don't fit her as tight as the nose mask on the MDX :eek: :rolleyes:

The instructions have to be correct. I recently installed the nose mask on my non-flared MDX and it's a struggle, for sure.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ouch!

Received my front mask about 3 months ago. I have flares too. Read the instructions. Have used the top half. Too depressed to try the bottom half. After reading your post, I guess I will finally give it a shot. I am hoping maybe I can streeeetcchhh the vinyl (sure...) I will post my results!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't try it

Don't even try to install the lower half. It's way, way, way too tight, and very poorly designed.

Getting the snaps installed is the simple part. Fitting the lower part is INSANE. It's way, way, way, way, way, way too tight.

Plus, the CHEAPO little plastic tabs (that hold down the corner at the hood) *sliced nicely* on a metal burr on the frame.

From having an Acura CL before, I give this Nose Mask an "F".

Personally, I think I'm going to box mine back up, and mail it the VP from Acura who just sent me the nice thank-you-for buying-a-MDX letter. I really thing Acura blew it on this one, P.o.S. all the way...........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts