Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just attached an OEM lower front nose mask (bra) to my 2002 MDX, and it was the most difficult installation yet. I've installed mud flaps, side steps, and almost every other do it yourself accessory, but this was a real bear! Instructions seemed easy to understand, except that it wasn't immediately clear which of the inner fender plastic rivets to remove, and once they are out, they are out for good. Then the snaps that replace the rivets wouldn't tighten as securely as the instructions implied. Although the snaps are the only permanently installed pieces, it took a great deal of tugging and stretching to make the thing fit. Finally, it wasn't obvious where all of the loose flaps were supposed to tuck in behind gilles and bumpers. Final result looks OK, and I guess remaining wrinkles will stretch out with time. I'll be reluctant to remove it ever if it will be as hard to put on as it was the first time.

Anyone else have a similar experience? Seems to be not the best product design.

----------------------------------------

2002 Touring, Mesa Beige, Maniks, and everything else but fender flares. 90 lb white Boxer.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Same problem when I first put mine one but has becomne easier overtime ( I have had my X for a little over a year now, with the bra going on during winter and highway trips. ) Now takes me about 5 min alone, to do it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've been using mine off and on for more than a year and it fits fine with no wrinkles. The only poor fit is the flaps that are supposed to tuck under the headlights, they don't stay put.
I haven't had any problmes with the snaps, but I did hit my dealer up for some extra buttons that have to be removed under the hood each time I install the mask. So far, however, the originals are holding up, but I can see that eventually they will wear out.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I know the install is tight, but if it wasn't it would be flapping in the breeze. I've had mine over a year now and can get if off or on pretty quickly. I have bigger hands and agree it's a bit tough snaking those straps through the grill, but it still goes quick. I suspect there isn't much diff. from the 01 to the 02

·
Registered
166 Posts
The install was kind of a pain the 1st time - but it sure helped to have several coats of Zaino on before the initial installation. It's much easier to put it on and take it off now that it has stretched a little...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts