Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Tim's suggestion of Hershey, PA sounds O.K. to me, although some New Englanders complained it was too far.
How about Newport, RI? Cool place to visit and there's a popular Acura dealership there that might want to get involved.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
I'm into it!!!

How about Long Island? Nassau county would be great or even Jones Beach or Long Beach?

Even New York City or Centrl Park! Westchester area, Bronx Zoo

·
Registered
467 Posts
North East or New England?

I would think New England would require a separate meet.

I think the idea of Newport is great! Or perhaps the Berkshires.

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Probably the only way that we'll ever get a meet location down is to have everyone post who would want to come, and then triangulate a location or locations that is equidistant to everyone.

Hershey, if we did it there, is about a 6 hour drive for me, and it seems that it would take 6-8 hours for just about everyone in the far reaches of the NE.

Driving times between Southborough and Hershey and Buffalo to Hershey are within 10 minutes of each other, according to Mapquest, at about 6 hrs 15 mins.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hershey, PA

hondacuraworld said:
Hershey, if we did it there, is about a 6 hour drive for me, and it seems that it would take 6-8 hours for just about everyone in the far reaches of the NE.
Plus, since 6 hours south of Hershey is the southern Virginia border, you might get a bunch of mid-Atlantic folks as well. I live on the southern border of VA and would be up for a 6 hour drive to Hershey.

Kim

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Hershey

I could go up for that. :)

Or go thru DC. Drive by white house and capital hill? :D :D

·
Registered
206 Posts
How about a poll?
Is this meet for the Northeast or New England members?
Some where in MA would be central for the north east. However I will travel.
Sounds like fun
Harry

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hey... Newport is cool but gets very crowded/expensive in the summer. Not sure who/how many would be attending etc. but that may be a factor.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hershey

Will we have a short easy off-road driving after Hershey park meet? Anyone know that area very well?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hershey, PA sounds great, especially since it would only take me about 1.5 hours to get there. Hershey is actually a great place for this type of thing. In fact, they host a number of antique car shows there each year. Also, don't forget about Hershey Park, zoo, museum, and gardens.

I'm in for Hershey !!!

JPOW

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hershey

I'm up for Hershey -- the whole town smells like Chocolate...

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
LONG iSLAND

i GUESS NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE IN LONG ISLAND AREA!

·
Registered
19 Posts
LONG ISLAND??? Talk about a place that's hard to get to. I was just up that way last week and it took me 1 1/2 hrs to get to the Verrazano from Philly and then another 3 hrs to get to exit 48 on the LIE! I'll never do that again!
I'm up for Hershey.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Tim,
As we spoke on the phone. We are from Hershey Pa. So we would have to travel probably .5mi to get there. Dont know if we can travel that far in our X. LOL. I guess you figure my choice out. Anyway I could help with the suggestions of reasonable hotels, and where to eat (rest conniseaur) Ok so I kant spell, and update on local activities and advise if other things are going on at the same time.

Lemme Know.
Neicho:D

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Okay, here's my thought process, let me know if this works for everyone.

My idea is to do the NE meet in Hershey PA on the weekend of July 13th, to give everyone ample time to plan. My thinking is that we all meet at a given time in the immense parking lot at Hershey Gardens, followed by some good ole chocolate fun in the plant tour, and the amusement park, perhaps we'll all go out to dinner at a nice place there. We can make it a Saturday meet, depart on Sunday, or a Fri-Sat-Sun, for those with more time.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Count us in. Quick question....how many of you would be bringing the kids? I mean, this is a family event, right?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts