Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With The lockdown I am thinking about opening my pool now. I have an electric heat pump for the pool that I use at the end of the season to get a few more weeks where it’s still in the 70’s. I figured since this year is a vacation dud, I can spend a bit more on heating the pool now but I have never opened this early and never used the heater this eary

Anyone thinking the same or am I just wasting money and it will never be warm enough? Seems like it will be in 50’s to mid all week.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I always open as close to April 1st as possible. Some years it's on the day, other years it's a bit sooner or a bit later, but always by mid April I'm up and running. I've had spring snowstorms with the pool open and sub zero temps. Not too concerned because the pump has freeze protection where it comes on at a temp I set (35f). This year I opened on March 27. I have solar heat and a gas heater, but I only run the solar due to cheapness. No no one swims yet, but we'd rather stare at the water than the safety cover. I'm in Burlington, Ontario, Canada.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts