Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying a 09,10,11 Mdx. about the bluetooth issues, how common are they? does the problem only effect hands free phone use or would it effect bluetooth link for stereo: example playing spotify? I just sold my RSX S--fantastic car, but I'm getting too old and fat to climb in and out of a little car.
Is there a difference between a canadian mdx and an american..we seem to get a few canadian imports here in idaho!
Cheapdad

·
Registered
25 Posts
On the 07 -09 they will fail at some point. I have an 08 TSX with over 200k and it has not failed yet but my 08 MDX with under 150k just failed last week and was killing my battery after sitting for 3 plus days.
Not sure if or how it affects the audio function on the 2010+.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I'm looking at buying a 09,10,11 Mdx. about the bluetooth issues, how common are they?
Very common. I'd be surprised to know if any MDX owner didn't have this problem.

does the problem only effect hands free phone use or would it effect bluetooth link for stereo: example playing spotify?
Neither. The module works, it just drains the battery when the car is shut off. Also note that MDX didn't have music over BT until 2010.

Is there a difference between a canadian mdx and an american..we seem to get a few canadian imports here in idaho!
All of the second generation MDXs have been made in Canada with no exceptions, so you might say even the US ones are imported from Canada :)

To your question - all Canadian MDXs come with rear heated seats standard (no option required). They also all have something none of the US MDXs have: headlight washers. Other than that, of course, the speedometer outer bigger font ring is in KM/H because of the metric system as well as all climate controls are in Celsius and the centre monitor shows kilometers and the fuel consumption is shown in litres per 100 kilometres.

Other than that the differences are pretty minimal: some different stickers, pictograms at the instrument cluster (parking brake, for example), etc.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
The Bluetooth power drain seems to effect the 07-09 MDXs mostly. Those models only had bluetooth for handsfree phone only. The bluetooth module was updated for the 10-13 MDXs to do handsfree and audio streaming and that reduced the power drain issue folks were having. I don't know if the base version of the 10-13 MDXs have bluetooth audio streaming or just phone handsfree? I also don't think the 10-13 MDX bluetooth module would fit a 07-09 MDX.

The bigger issue for the 10-13 MDXs is the oil consumption issue. It can be as high as 1 quart per 1000-2000 miles during the average 8000-9000 mile oil change intervals. I'm lucky to be between 2/3 -1 quart of oil between my 9000 mile oil change intervals (11 MDX ADV+Ent with +122,000 miles).

Another issue is with the 07-09 MDX Sport and +10 MDX Adv with ADS magnetic suspension failing. It could cost $500-$1000 per corner to replace depending if you DYI, local shop, or dealership. Acura does have a 7yr/100,000 mile extended warranty to cover the random failures. Only a 12-13 MDX Adv with under 100k would be covered if decide to go for an Advance version of the MDX. You can also covert the magnetic suspension to the regular struts/shocks down the road if you find a Sport or Advance model you can't pass up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts