Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased the Nokya Arctic-White bulbs for my 'X. I bought the 9005s & 9006s. They were 19.99 a pair on Ebay. If you are considering them, I'd recommend avoiding them. I have to admit that when looking at them while they were "on", they looked awesome! The bright white light couldn't be beat. Then, I got behing the wheel of my 'X and was astounded at how poorly they actually illuminated the road. On top of that, everything was very, very blue. I even noticed in my peripheral vision that items off to the side were bathed in a splotchy blue glow.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Dyed light bulbs

Charlie-

The worse thing you can do to a halogen light bulb is the filtered the essential light that halogen is meant to do. People who do this to a halogen bulb is there to not only make a quick buck from you but mis educate you on the reality of halogen technology on its purpose versus H.I.D. Xenon light bulb for its purpose.

If you are looking for that nice white/bluish/purple glow and get EXCELLENT lighting pattern for night driving, then buy real HID Xenon lighting system.

Those silly dyed light bulbs are silly, mickey-mouseish and sometimes dangerous for those who really need that extra light for night driving.

There is a long thread in there bout HIDs and I have also posted my MDX with the HID lighting systems on. Check them out.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hey Fireblade,

I was wondering if you could comment on Paul123's lighting system.

http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5092

He, as well as myself, should be getting our State II HIDs next week. While I don't see a need to upgrade my High Beams, I would like to upgrade my fogs to something that will make a positive contribution to my HID low beams.

Thanks!

rflagg

·
Registered
63 Posts
i had the same impressions... i thought they looked great during the day but it's light output was so poor that they are unacceptable.

i tried razos too and they are much better for light output but still weaker than oems. but they're not too bad. (expensive though)

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Fireblade6

Check out the Ion Plasma Yellow bulb in the thread above, it gives a great touch to the hid IMO
I can't make a full comparison until I get the real HID for my lows, but still think it all to the HID look and gives a unique look.:D
I think the highs I used were a little pricey but they look like a purple/blue beam of direct light. They look pretty cool during day when use the flash to pass, people notice a little faster than the stock halogen beam. In the future I don't think I should of spent $129.99 for the piaa super plasma 5000k bulb. When you buy these japan made bulbs you cannot return them. The Ion Plasma Yellow were $89.99 and definetly worth it, cool, unique bright light. I don't think there is anything like it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
Pauls MDX
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing