Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've been frustrated with the noises coming from many spots inside of the car... Fix one and another one comes up...

At this time, the noise comes from the same area where my dealer fixed before. I probably should take it to the dealer but just got tired of driving back and forth. So if there is any easy fix that you know of, I"d appreciate it if you could share it with me!

The dealer replaced "right side second row seat rack" before to fix the noise.

I attached the pic of where the noise comes from. When the car drives on bumpy roads, it makes noises. And if somebody sits on the seat, the noise seems to go away, so I"d assume there might be a bit of space between seat rail and seat attachments? And it rattles when there is no weight on the seat?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
I noticed they added a felt pad on one attachment point but not the other. Can you locate where along the rail it is coming from? I forgot what they did with mine they tried everything from re-securing the rail to the floor and also some seat base to rail attachments. There was also a bracket in the back of the seat base they checked.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
314 Posts
Put a rubber washer in there instead of felt, and do it on all 4. That will kill any vibration. Use some low strength lock-tite so it does not back out.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I noticed they added a felt pad on one attachment point but not the other. Can you locate where along the rail it is coming from? I forgot what they did with mine they tried everything from re-securing the rail to the floor and also some seat base to rail attachments. There was also a bracket in the back of the seat base they checked.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Hi Neoshi,

I can't locate exact spot where the noise is coming from. But it seems like front portion? The frustrating part is that I can not make the same noise by pushing/hitting the seats. It has to drive over bumpy roads to make that noise. I decided to take my car in for the last time tomorrow. I will let you know when they fix my car. I I will ask what exactly was making the noise. Hope that they have database having the same case/noise so that they can fix it easily!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Put a rubber washer in there instead of felt, and do it on all 4. That will kill any vibration. Use some low strength lock-tite so it does not back out.
The rails is not vibrating and 4 bolts are tied down very tightly. I think it must be a gap (?) between seat attachments and rails as if somebody sits on the seats, the noise gets reduced by a lot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts