Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm sure just a mistype in previous posts...

passifist should be pacifist (relating to the philosophy opposed to war) or passivist (relating to passive behavior).

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
fatherlu said:
I'm sure just a mistype in previous posts...

passifist should be pacifist (relating to the philosophy opposed to war) or passivist (relating to passive behavior).
Thank you for the correction.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Well, it is clear

keremoner said:

Goes to show that you are clueless about your political leanings. FYI, it is passifist liberals, ala Germany's Green Party, etc, who advocate 'getting along' with scum of the earth terrorists and you sound like one through the statements you make. In fact, europeans go so far as to allow some of these groups to have offices in their countries, considering them political opposition groups.
Sorry, but as far as my "political leanings" are concerned, it is you who is totally clueless.

I believe the way to deal with terrorists is not to worry about what they think of the US (or the West), but to simply kill them - that has always been my position. However, you should alway attempt to gain the respect of everyone else - including the moderate Muslims. Once people have decided that terrorism is the way to achieve an end, it is too late to sway them. You have to reach them before they become a terrorist.

This is why I have a problem with Bush & Co. They are aiding the recruitment efforts of Al Qaeda. Osama must be sending money to the Bush re-election campaign for all the help Bush has given him with the prison scandal, and his unconditional support for whatever the Israeli Government wants to do.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
hhwc said:

Flying airplanes into ships (seem familiar?) was not and is not a conventional attack. You probably didn't know that the Japanese used to stack Chinese babies on the end of their rifle bayonets. The Germans were running medical 'experiments' on prisoners. Is that brutal? The Japanese and the Germans in WWII were just as brutal as the terrorists we have today. The difference is we are not fighting the terrorists the same way we fought the Japanese and Germans.

One massive attack on a terrorist supporting regime would have all others rethinking their policies. It doesn't have to be nuclear. Without state-sponsored funding and security, terrorists morale and motivation would suffer severely. Most importantly, all other terrorist states must believe that they could be next. BUT NOBODY has the stomach to actually do it.

Our current 'tender glove' policy only inspires terrorist confidence. What consequences do they receive when we capture them now that we can't even hurt their feelings? They get 3 meals, medical treatment, and a roof over their head. That's better than they had it before they were captured. We will most definitely lose if we continue on our current path.

BTW, there is no feasible way of securing even a large fraction of US territory UNLESS of course you want to live under an absolute police state. Even then, the rural and uninhabited areas are open to sabotage of roadways, waterways, electrical grids, etc.
I don't deny that some tactics are similar, however, unless I missed something, the most distinctive difference in tactics is the enemy infiltration factor. We are not dealing with an organized state with a centralized command structure. These "pilots" lived, played, worked, as our neighbors for years, while building relationships ect. When the time came, we were stabbed in the back, without conscience. Imagine your neighbor doing that to you. As far as I know, the insidious nature of this war is unprecedented. Maybe you can enlighten me if Im wrong. :confused:

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
The Japanese and Germans committed some unspeakable acts. The japanese in particular, exhibited cruelty to american POWs, and their treatment of civilians in both the Philippines and China were horrid. "The Rape of Nanking" is a striking account of such atrocities.

But the military of both axis faced the US and our allies as organized forces, whether on air, land or sea. They were a 'recognizable' entity for all practical purposes.

What we face now is an enemy just as ruthless, but covertly organized. They are stealth and their strategy is NOT to face us. But do us in through infiltratrion and subversive activities They will not risk bodily harm as long as they get specific segments of the resident population agitated to the point of taking us on in ambushes, etc. We do aid that 'agitaiton' when we abuse arab detainees, or when Isreal oversteps their mission. But while we show the world we punish our soldiers who misbehave, the only people who care about such things are usually not our real enemies.

This is why Israel expends so much energy on killing 'the seeds' of Hamas, and not just the messengers of evil.
This is not warfare in any sense easily recognizable in the western world. I believe it will take more than just military might and technology to conquer it.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts