Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this has come up many times but I can't quite find the exact information I am looking for even with the search function so I apologize to all the regulars who have seen these questions 1000 times . . .

I want to confirm 2 things . . .
the first is the non-toruing versus touring for 2003 . . . are the only differences that the touring gets:
1) roof rack
2) passenger 8 way power seat vs. 4 way manual seat
3) memory for both seats/mirrors
4) upgraded Bose stereo with 6 disk changer in dash
5) rain sensing wipers
6) different wheels
7) passenger side mirror with reverse auto-tilt

Am I missing anything ?

Also, I have not seen the quartz interior in person but from the acura website it looks like it's a little lighter then saddle . . . is it or is it a light grey color ?
I can't tell . . .

Thanks for your help !!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Alan F said:

I want to confirm 2 things . . .
the first is the non-toruing versus touring for 2003 . . . are the only differences that the touring gets:
1) roof rack
2) passenger 8 way power seat vs. 4 way manual seat
3) memory for both seats/mirrors
4) upgraded Bose stereo with 6 disk changer in dash
5) rain sensing wipers
6) different wheels
7) passenger side mirror with reverse auto-tilt

Am I missing anything ?
I believe everything you indicated is correct except.....

rain sensing wipers might be standard for both touring and non-touring model.

The rim and tires are different as well.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Important item is the tires go to the Michelin's much quieter and drive smoother. Rims are the same size but cosmetically different.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Quartz interior is two-tone - mostly a light grey color, but the upper part of the dash and doors is a charcoal color. Plenty of pics of the interior if you follow the link in my signature (interior shots are to the right in the thumbnail list).

IMHO, very nice interior color, but there is DEFINITELY a range of opinions on it (hence the reason I tried to get some shots to show what it really looks like - the Acura pics and samples do not tell the story...).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Touring vs. Premium

The Premium has speed sensing wipers, the Touring has speed sensing and rain sensing wipers.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whew . . . it's a good thing I asked about the interior . . . the quartz is very nice but now that I know it's a gray interior I would then go with the saddle . . . only because my car, the 330i, has gray interior.
I wouldn't want to have 2 cars with the same color interior.

OTH, I happen to think the quartz has a nice 2 tone effect . . .

Thanks to everyone that replied . . .

Paul, you mentioned the Michelin tires were the quieter tire . . . does this come on the touring or the non-touring ?

I decided we are going to go with the Touring, might as well spend the extra $$$ on these extra options, I'm sure I'd get back a good portion of it at trade-in time anyway.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
You're right about that. Good decision going with the Touring :4:

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Alan F said:
Whew . . . it's a good thing I asked about the interior . . . the quartz is very nice but now that I know it's a gray interior I would then go with the saddle . . . only because my car, the 330i, has gray interior.
I wouldn't want to have 2 cars with the same color interior.

OTH, I happen to think the quartz has a nice 2 tone effect . . .

Thanks to everyone that replied . . .

Paul, you mentioned the Michelin tires were the quieter tire . . . does this come on the touring or the non-touring ?

I decided we are going to go with the Touring, might as well spend the extra $$$ on these extra options, I'm sure I'd get back a good portion of it at trade-in time anyway.
The touring edition. It is definitily not worth the cost, but I needed to get the tires and the upgrade on the bose radio. I figured once I was spending that kind of money why not got for the top of the line. What a couple of thousand once your close or over 40K. I got killed on dealer options which I should of ordered thru tim and installed myself, but didn't have time with work being crazy.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I think the Michelin's on the Touring a MUCH noisier than the Goodyears on the non-touring. I test drove both in'01 & the non touring was noticeably quieter. I know it's a personal thing to judge tire noise, but my MDX is very noisy above 50 mph.

If you have the opportunity to test drive both a touring & non-touring - do it. I got the touring because I wanted memory seats & the 6 disk indash CD player. I also LOVE the tilt pasenger side mirror feature when in reverse - something I never thought I would use.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts