Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if the fuse is blown? Can someone let me knoe where the fuse is ? The CD player plays, radio tunes,..., but no sound...

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
matttttttt said:
I wonder if the fuse is blown? Can someone let me knoe where the fuse is ? The CD player plays, radio tunes,..., but no sound...
An MDX or some other car?

But seriously, you need to give year, options, etc.

An owners manual is always an excellent start- then the serivce manual. If tehre is a separate Amp from the head unit, I'd look at that.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
weird broken sound problem

Hope someone can help!

Dealer replaced the radio unit(BOSE unit) and the problem is still there.....(2005 MDX)
Start the car in the morning, heard clicking for the first 15 seconds like it was timing something. Then broken sound came out first , it doesn't matter if the mode was on radio, CD player, or XM when we start up the car. 10 to 15 seconds later, the sound came up fine. If the trip was long and we start up the car again the same day, we don't get broken noise. Left the car in the garage overnight, broken sound is there next morning.

My wife also mentioned that the car doesn't always start up at the first time. I have been using Mobil1 synthetic 5W20 ever since the first oil change with Honda oil filter. My guess is the battery is going to die?? Can't be a grounding issue like some other member had?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
and how exactly does this "broken sound" sound like. Does it come from the unit itself, the speakers? When you insert a disc. You have to be more descriptive.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The noise is like you are on a celluar when you have problem hearing the other party. As I said, start up the car, clicking noise first from all speakers, broken sound next, then sound comes up fine no matter which mode(radio, CD, XM) was left on last night.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Hmmm so does any sound come through, it comes through broken up or just static. At this point any type of trouble shooting is hard to do, best bet is take it back to the dealer and tell them it is still not resolved.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Sounds like the amp, not the head end. You might get the digital distortion you describe if the digital amp has screwed the pooch.

But you're certainly not going to try to troubleshoot or fix this yourself, right? THis is why you have a warranty, and they have all the testing tools.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
Brian Nalley
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing