Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 MDX SH-AWD Advance/Entertainment

Just bought this and when I turn the heat on floor setting, I don't feel it even after a long time of driving. On other settings, I can feel it. Please help.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Hmm the airflow down there is quite low compared to the face vents. I can also feel via hand and it just creates an ambient cold/warm for my feet rather than feeling an actual blown stream. Wearing shoes probably dulls it further.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
2016 MDX SH-AWD Advance/Entertainment

Just bought this and when I turn the heat on floor setting, I don't feel it even after a long time of driving. On other settings, I can feel it. Please help.
You do know that the auto climate control directs the air automatically. Based on need.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Yeah that's true air flow is quite dull there I can feel it with my hands but not with when I am wearing shoes .
Can this be fixed as in other cars I can feel the hot air on my feet with shoes on ..

·
Registered
391 Posts
i concur. lower levels are lacking air velocity. i dont think it's the blower, i think it's the way the vents are designed.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Yeah there's nothing you can really do aside from modding the duct sizing, but you will increase the CFMs down there and will probably decrease the CFMs up top as a result. They just sized it really small. On shoes with thin materials like these new sock-like shoes, I can feel the air just fine. But yeah, with regular shoes or leather shoes, not really.

·
Registered
269 Posts
What a bummer oh well thanks everyone. I really wonder if Acura have people test drive all the A/C functions :grinning: including air on the feet .

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had BMW X5 with a similar issue but after a long ride on foot mode, the inside the car got pretty warm. My MDX, I drove on the highway for an hour with heat on foot mode and it was still cold. I'm not asking for hot air directly to my foot but it should still be warm enough to raise the ambient temp.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Yeah that's odd then. Mine will create an ambient cool/warm air that I can usually feel through my sock-like shoes or if I put my hand into the area.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I had BMW X5 with a similar issue but after a long ride on foot mode, the inside the car got pretty warm. My MDX, I drove on the highway for an hour with heat on foot mode and it was still cold. I'm not asking for hot air directly to my foot but it should still be warm enough to raise the ambient temp.
i wonder if they expected some of the heat generated in the engine compartment to travel back into the foot-well to keep your feet nice and toasty in the winter. (smh)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I get the sarcasm but honestly, I feel zero warmth even with my bare hands or feet. I'm taking it to the dealer tomorrow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts