Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was surprised to hear from sales guy that MDX doesn't come with complimentary maintenance like Toyota.
My Prius came with 2 year (5K, 10K, 15K, 20K) service free.
Not a big deal since I do most of maintenance myself.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was surprised to hear from sales guy that MDX doesn't come with complimentary maintenance like Toyota.
I think it’s a dealership offer. My dealer gave me lifetime oil changes on my MDX. My RDX prior no.
Toyota and Lexus have a two year program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Also realize toyotacare (established in 2010) is a marketing response to recover market share due the fallout caused by the unintended acceleration cases starting in 2009.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Since there's generally really no such thing as 'free' you get the price break by it not being bundled in the cost of the MDX and since you do the maint yourself you save even more money and can know it's done correctly.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Probably true, but more brands are doing this so I was surprised when Acura didn't include it.
It's just nice not to have any maintenance worry/cost for first 2 years (even for DYI, no need to research or do the work).

Since there's generally really no such thing as 'free' you get the price break by it not being bundled in the cost of the MDX and since you do the maint yourself you save even more money and can know it's done correctly.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
It's just nice not to have any maintenance worry/cost for first 2 years
Depending on how much you drive about the only maintenance in the first couple of years is a few oil changes. The cost for them is relatively insignificant given the cost of the vehicle but if it's an area that bothers you, you could probably fairly easily negotiate with the dealer to throw in a few oil changes as part of the purchase deal. It's too late now if you already received the vehicle but throwing in one or a few oil changes as part of the purchase deal isn't unusual but you often need to ask for it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The only significant maintenance cost for the MDX (apart from wear and tear like tires) is the 50k tranny fluid swap which , from what I gather, is better done at a Honda dealer. The engine oil and rear diff oil changes are things that most independent qualified shops can handle for significantly less $$.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
First oil change is free from my dealer. Rest of services will be charging on credit card~

1 - 8 of 8 Posts