Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have 2014 Mdx tech..wen I switch on AC and put the direction downward towards legs...I don’t feel any air on my legs or foot...yes I tried with flip flops on my foot not shoes...is there a way to clean the vents with Home vacuum or only getting detailed is the solution??
Mine is out of warranty so how much a dealer will cost??

TIA

·
Registered
10 Posts
To be honest it sounds like you may have a larger issue than anyone could speak to, given the things we wouldn't know about your particular situation. I'd take it in for an estimate, at least that way you can figure out what they would charge before they do any work.

Guessing that when you have it on your legs and the rear climate control is set to sync, you're getting air out of the floor vents in the center console? If so, then I'd definitely take it to the dealer as your next step, but that's just what I would do.

Good luck!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!
Is there a way to clean AC vents or some kind of tool or vacuum?
My 2014 mdx is all clean and stayed in northern CT past 4 yrs...I am thinking of getting vents cleaned will be enough. The upper direction vents r working fine...

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
I can't imagine a vent getting so dirty as to clog and block all air flow. I doubt the issue you're noticing is due to a clogged vent. If you haven't changed the cabin filter yet then do that (a very quick and easy thing to do yourself) but even that wouldn't cause this issue of no air out of the lower vent despite getting air out of other vents.

Before doing too much with this - make sure you read the owner's manual closely to understand which settings need to be done to have air flow in that direction. It could be as simple as you're not setting it correctly.

Outside of not setting it properly, these kinds of problems are 'usually' due to a door problem - i.e. where one of the baffle doors that are used to direct the airflow one way or the other isn't working right and thus is blocking the airflow. This could be caused by a disconnected vacuum or electrical line depending on how the door's powered, a broken actuator mechanism, or just a sticky door. This area would need to be diagnosed and unfortunately sometimes these doors and their actuators and connections are buried up under the dash area. I don't know how buried it is for the MDX.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.